Diagrams help you visually plan, debug problems and explain solutions quickly and clearly. This is why it makes sense to be able to attach and display them in your Jira Cloud issues.
Here are some situations where diagrams help you understand the information quickly.
- Existing infrastructure diagrams on a network upgrade or troubleshooting issue.
- Existing software UML diagrams to issues for new features.
- Flow chart explaining the steps to resolve a customer’s problem.
- Proposed layout of a conference floor to an event planning issue.
- BPMN diagrams on any issues raised to improve business processes.
Instead of pasting in an image of your draw.io diagrams into an issue description, the draw.io app for Jira Cloud lets you embed diagrams in issues in three different ways:
- Store the diagram file in the issue itself.
- Embed a diagram from Google Drive.
- Embed a diagram from OneDrive.
If you choose the latter of the two options, you won’t be able to edit the diagrams within the draw.io for Jira app. Any changes you make to the diagram file stored in Google Drive or OneDrive will automatically update the embedded diagrams in Jira issues.
Tip: You can embed diagrams from Google Drive and OneDrive into Confluence Cloud. A single diagram stored in your cloud storage platform can be embedded in multiple places – multiple Jira Cloud issues and Confluence Cloud pages – and automatically updated.